I recently read somewhere to only write what you know and if you don't know about it, read about it. I once attended the Louisiana Book Festival in Baton Rouge and had the chance to ask Pulitzer Prize-winner Rick Bragg how one would know if a story is worth writing, and of course, eventually reading. He told me with all seriousness that if it means anything to me at all, then yes, it is most certainly worth it. I am determined to milk his reply for all it's worth. This is my journey. The ups. The downs. And all of the words in between.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

By Leaps And Bounds


The last few weeks have been very exciting in my life as a writer. I have been shown that, without a doubt, that where one window closes, a door can ofttimes open.

After over three years, I made the decision to end my Peculiar Jaunts column in Louisiana Road Trips magazine. It has been a great run but there eventually comes a time when any creative person must take a risk in order to reach new goals. I thank all of the readers who have supported me over the years by reading my articles. My last article will be published in May.

And here comes the doors...

The summer issue of Southern Tour Magazine will include the article I wrote about my own walking tour around the French Quarter in New Orleans. Apparently, my massive sunburn has paid off!

Louisiana Cookin' projects that I have going are covering the Mudbug Madness Festival here in Shreveport; taking a trip to Houma to find out about the shrimping industry; and attending the 2011 Chefs To Watch Awards in New Orleans with the Louisiana Cookin' staff. Don't forget to pick up the newest copy of the magazine to read my article about the World Championship Etouffee Cookoff!

It has...been a good April. Here's keeping my fingers crossed for May!

No comments:

Post a Comment