I recently read somewhere to only write what you know and if you don't know about it, read about it. I once attended the Louisiana Book Festival in Baton Rouge and had the chance to ask Pulitzer Prize-winner Rick Bragg how one would know if a story is worth writing, and of course, eventually reading. He told me with all seriousness that if it means anything to me at all, then yes, it is most certainly worth it. I am determined to milk his reply for all it's worth. This is my journey. The ups. The downs. And all of the words in between.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

A + B = Creating My Writing Niche

In an attempt to get my writing groove back, I decided that the best way to do this would be to create a comfortable writing area. When I was on a roll before Christmas, I sat propped up in bed, leaning against the head board. Now that we have a new bed, however, there is no head board to prop against.

I have spent this week gathering accessories from different stores around town. None of the items were expensive but paired right, they come together to make a cute little niche. Yes, I had to take shelf back to the store because it didn't come with mounting hardware. Yes, I had to wait for my husband to help me drill the screws into the wall to hang it. Yes, I have forced my cat to find a new place to lounge after switching out chairs. All in all, I think it will be worthwhile. Now if I could get rid of this aggravating head cold! Achooo!

"Once upon a time......."

No comments:

Post a Comment